Times: 09:30, 10:55, 12:30, 2:15
*Is the 9:30 SOLD OUT? Why not try one of our Dasher's Dungeness Diners and enjoy Breakfast with Santa: Dasher's Dungeness Diners
Depart HYTHE station for the 30 minute journey to NEW ROMNEY where your hour of festive fun begins. See Santa arrive on his sleigh and visit him in his grotto for the children to receive their gift. Enjoy seasonal refreshments in the Heywood Buffet, have fun in the Model Railway Exhibition and play in the ‘snow’ before boarding your train again for the 30 minute journey to Hythe.
What’s included on Traditional Santa Specials:
- Santa’s grotto visit
- Quality present for each paying child
- Seasonal refreshments
- Snow machines
- Model Exhibition open
Price per Adult or Child: £22 (Saturday 8th-Monday 24th) and £20 (Saturday 1st –Sunday 2nd)
Dates: 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th.
Santa’s Quiet Hour
Our Rudolph’s Romney Return on Thursday 20th December at 3:50 will become Santa’s Quiet Hour.
We’ll be supporting our passengers with Autism and other special needs during this afternoon by making a few changes:
- Our Christmas light won’t be flashy! They’ll still be on for those who want to feel the magic but they’ll be on constantly with no flashes, sparkles or fades.
- We’ll turn our music down! Christmas carols will be played below our normal volume.
- We won’t shout about Santa! Our tannoy announcements will be switched off during this period.
- There’ll be less whistling while we work! We’ll keep train whistling to a minimum and only whistle where it’s necessary.
- We’ll take our time! Whilst this Santa Special benefits from one hour at New Romney we will welcome fewer children meaning less rushing for those nervous visitors.
- Skip the queue! Santa’s Grotto is where you’ll queue to see the full array of our decorations but if this isn’t fun for you we’re happy to give a return time to bypass the Grotto.
What Santa wants you to know:
- There will still be a couple of whistles on the journey from Hythe to New Romney and return.
- Our level crossing systems make a bleeping sounds (for safety) when the trains cross them. This will happen a couple of times on your journey.
On this service you also have the option of booking for one of our famous Heritage Coaches. Heritage Coaches are booked by compartment with each compartment holding up to 4 people for the Royal Saloon or Clayton Pullman and up to 7 for the Bar Car. Booking for the Heritage Coaches gives you the whole compartment to yourself.
Gladys - The Bar Car
The Bar Car is our most popular Heritage Coach; perfect for a small group of family or friends to travel together in privacy and enjoy a drink or two along the way.
2 Compartments holding up to 7 people in each
The Royal Saloon
The Royal Saloon is finished to a high standard with padded seats and curtains.
The Clayton Pullman
Three compartments of four but with internal divides so each compartment is a separate and exclusive area and there is no visibility through between them.
Additional options on the 12:30 Hythe Departure:
New Romney Lunch Option An additional extra on the 12:30 Hythe departure.
Always a favourite with our visitors, we offer you the option to enjoy a two course Christmas lunch at the Captain Howey Hotel. A stone’s throw away from new Romney Station the Captain Howey will provide you with a delicious carvery meal using locally sourced-sourced meat and vegetables. Should you wish, there is a well-stocked bar for you to purchase your own drinks to enjoy with lunch.
*Children over 11 years will be served an adult portion therefore they will be charged at the adult rate for the lunch option.
** The Captain Howey Hotel has ramped access into the building but does not have easily-accessible toilet facilities for the disabled. New Romney Station does have fully accessible toilet facilities.
Price per Adult: £37 (8th to 24th December) and £35 (1st-2nd December)
Price per Child: £32 (8th-24th December) and £30 (1st-2nd December)
Afternoon Tea in the Vintage Style Tea Room
Depart Hythe on the 12:30 departure and enjoy all the fun of the Rudolph’s Romney Return. Meet Santa and visit the Model Exhibition before returning on the train to Hythe. Upon arrival at Hythe at 15:00 you’ll make your way to the Vintage Style Tea Room adjacent to the station where you’ll enjoy your Christmas themed Afternoon Tea.
Dates: 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd and 24th December.
Price per Adult: £36
Price per Child: £31