oin us to celebrate our 95th Anniversary.
The official opening of the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway took place on 16th July 1927, with Hercules hauling that inaugural train from Hythe to New Romney. When first opened to the public the line only covered, in double track, the eight miles between Hythe and New Romney. Owner Captain Jack Howey soon had his eye on extending the line and in 1928 double tracks carried the trains to Dungeness via Greatstone.
95th Anniversary Special:
- New Romney to Hythe Non-Stop - 10:15 - Hercules
- 40 minute stop over
- Hythe to New Romney Non-Stop - 11:30 - Inaugural Train Recreation with Hercules
- 1 hour 55 minute stop over
- New Romney to Hythe via Dungeness Non-Stop - 2:00 - 22 Mile Double Header Steam Train
- 35 minute stop over
- Hythe to New Romney - 3:55