We’ll be supporting our passengers with Autism and other special needs during this afternoon by making a few changes:
- Our Christmas light won’t be flashy! They’ll still be on for those who want to feel the magic but they’ll be on constantly with no flashes, sparkles or fades.
- We’ll turn our music down! Christmas carols will be played below our normal volume.
- We won’t shout about Santa! Our tannoy announcements will be switched off during this period.
- There’ll be less whistling while we work! We’ll keep train whistling to a minimum and only whistle where it’s necessary.
- We’ll take our time! Whilst this Santa Special benefits from one hour at New Romney we will welcome fewer children meaning less rushing for those nervous visitors.
- Skip the queue! Santa’s Grotto is where you’ll queue to see the full array of our decorations but if this isn’t fun for you we’re happy to give a return time to bypass the Grotto.
What Santa wants you to know:
- There will still be a couple of whistles on the journey from Hythe to New Romney and return.
- Our level crossing systems make a 2 tone bleeping sound (for safety) when the trains cross them. This will happen a couple of times on your journey.